An action packed program for Australian kids of all abilities who are ready to play short games of cricket in a fun and social setting.
Play modified games of cricket in a fun and social setting
- Recommended for kids aged 7-10
- 90 minutes of action each session
- At least six weeks of fast-paced cricket games
- For kids with basic cricket skills who can bowl with a straight arm over 14 metres
- Every kid gets a chance to bat, bowl and field
- Wear the colours of your favourite Big Bash heroes in your choice of coloured player cap
- Make new friends or organise a group to play together
- We generally encourage 5- to 7-year-old cricketers to get started with Junior Blasters, and 8- to 10-year-old cricketers to get started with Master Blasters, then progress on to Junior Club Cricket.
All equipment supplied, parents join in the fun!
Each Master Blasters Pack includes
- A players cap in your choice of Big Bash team colour
- Drink Bottle
Safe and inclusive for kids of all abilities
- To ensure the safety of all participants, we use plastic bats and a rubber ball.
- Activities use softer balls of different sizes, as well as blind cricket balls, so kids can participate and develop at their own pace.
- We provide an environment focusing on kids abilities.
Each session includes skills activities and a game of cricket
- Skills Rotation (15 mins)
- Blast Game – 12 overs per team, four overs per batting pair (60-75 mins)
Get involved and enjoy some quality time with your child
The Master Blasters program is designed for parents to get involved and spend some quality time with their child learning some simple cricket skills. Your involvement in the program has a huge impact on your child’s enjoyment, skill progression and achievement.
The Blast Crew is a great first step for first time cricket parents to get involved and have some fun with your child and provide a great experience.
If you’re familiar with the Master Blasters program have you thought about becoming a Blast Coordinator? We provide online training as well as great resources click here for information.
We generally encourage boys and girls who are 5-7 to start with Junior Blasters, and boys and girls who are 8, 9 or 10 to start with Master Blasters before moving up to Junior Club Cricket.